Bryan Wright / Profile
Local Support Partner | Technologist
I came to UVa as a grad student in Physics in 1983. After I got my Ph.D., I stayed around as a post-doc and then as a research scientist. During that time I worked extensively on experiments at Los Alamos National Lab, the Swiss “Paul Scherrer Institute”, and CERN. I had always been doing a lot of computer work, and in 1995 I stepped out of research and became a Computer Guy. I’m currently the Physics Department’s IT Manager, a job that spans everything from desktop e-mail problems to research computing clusters.
Not a member of any projects.
|LSP (Local Support Partners)|
- Linux System Administration for Researchers:
- LSP Summer Skills Update, 2009:
- Script Junkyard: Spare Parts. Inspiration. Camaraderie:
- Notes about OS X, from a Linux Administrator’s Perspective:
- A FAM-Based Intrusion Detection System (famids):
SSN-Scan: A tool to help find files containing Social Security Numbers:
- Manager of Information Technology
- Ph.D., University of Virginia
- B.S., University of North Carolina
- Physics UVa
- LSP-Area ASPS